Steps for Success in Enterprise Mobility?
Thoughts & findings 5 of 5
Oct. 23, 2009 07:45 AM
This is the last in a series of five initial articles, in which I'm going to put my thoughts and findings on the subject of Enteprise Mobility.
For this final article I have decided to sum up the thoughts and findings of the previous articles to form an initial set of 'Steps for Success' for an Enterprise Mobility Strategy.
Currently my thoughts are...
- Take a Strategic approach that can evolve and adapt, with innovations and opportunities that will happen in the mobile industry... For example look at the handset and OS market and one thing that you can say is, that it is always changing and surprising us with advances
- Start small & move rapidly... You need to be agile
- Identify and understand an initial pilot project... One that can immediately show ROI
- Communicate and involve Stake Holders at all levels... Nothing too new here
- BEWARE - Mobility does NOT fix broken or badly performing processes... Make sure you fix them first, mobility is not a 'Magic Bullet'
- Plan for a heterogeneous approach and investigate the advantages of a MEAP (Mobile Enterprise Application Platform)... See my first point, MEAP's will help in the areas of code/logic/process reuse, back end integration and future adoption of new devices/hardware
- Realize that you may well become your own 'Mini Operator', provisioning, managing, securing & de-provisioning your mobile assets... Look at MEAP's, Cellular providers and 3rd-Party companies being able to help you get to where you want to be.
Here's wishing you success in your Mobile Projects!