From the Wires
In an Uncertain Economy, Consumers Demand More Choice and Control Over How They Shop and Pay Their Bills
By: Business Wire
Oct. 19, 2009 04:36 AM
It’s almost holiday shopping season, but with credit card fees on the rise and a lack of trust in the market, consumers are looking for ways to spend without sacrificing holiday cheer or stability in the New Year. While many of us feel as if the economy is controlling us, there are some things you can do when you shop or pay your bills online to take some power back. Billeo, the leading shopping and bill pay app, asked their consumers to craft a Bill of Rights when it came to spending and saving. The following is based on that survey, and the company’s experience in the industry.
1) As consumers, we should demand that online shopping discounts and coupon codes be provided in one place at the time we are searching to buy. If I’m looking for flowers on Google, Bing or Yahoo!, show me all of the available discounts then!
2) We have the right to receive the highest levels of security and privacy online when shopping and using online bill payment. Look for the Truste label on all your software and services.
3) We should have the right to pay any and all of our bills online, including credit cards, utilities, or our mortgage, etc. Demand this from everyone you pay monthly.
4) We should not be charged fees when using a credit card to make a payment.
5) We should have the right to pay bills on the day they’re due, and not incur charges or late fees.
6) We should have the right to accrue credit card rewards for bill payments. Odds are your credit card allows this. Take advantage of this to take that special vacation next year.
7) We should be able to increase our credit scores when paying bills online.
“Consumers of all ages and demographics are becoming more educated and more assertive in demanding better options when it comes to online shopping and bill payment,” said Murali Subbarao, founder & CEO of Billeo, Inc. “With this shift comes more choice, control and convenience. If our survey is any indication, consumers will continue to demand that their financial institutions restore some of the power they’ve lost over the last year.”
Latest Cloud Developer Stories
Subscribe to the World's Most Powerful Newsletters
Subscribe to Our Rss Feeds & Get Your SYS-CON News Live!
SYS-CON Featured Whitepapers
Most Read This Week