AJAXWorld News Desk
Adobe LiveCycle Enterprise Suite 2 for Cloud Computing
RIA framework for building customizable RIA applications and deployment in the cloud
Nov. 3, 2009 02:00 AM
Adobe Systems announced the availability of Adobe LiveCycle Enterprise Suite 2 (ES2), a major software release enabling businesses and governments to build applications that improve interactions with customers and constituents across devices and channels. Delivering significant productivity improvements to IT and line-of-business managers, LiveCycle ES2 provides a rich Internet application (RIA) framework for building customizable RIA workspaces, mobile and desktop access to critical applications, and deployment in the cloud.
The following new features and enhancements to LiveCycle ES2 allow for improved customer experiences and communications, and employee and developer productivity across a variety of industries:
Expanded Client and Browser Support
Extended mobile and desktop access to LiveCycle ES2 help organizations save time and costs by providing seamless end-user access to processes and services that help them complete their work faster.
Expanded Rich Internet Access (RIA) Services
Through closer integration with the Adobe Flash Platform, LiveCycle ES2 enables enterprise Adobe Flex and LiveCycle developers to create user-centric applications that are unique to particular business needs.
- Adobe LiveCycle Mosaic ES2 is a composite RIA framework for rapidly assembling and engaging activity-centric enterprise applications. LiveCycle Mosaic ES2 provides knowledge workers with real-time, contextual information from multiple sources in a single, personalized view. Developers can extend existing applications by exposing their business logic and user interfaces into application "tiles” that can be assembled to create unified views.
- Adobe LiveCycle Collaboration Service (formerly Adobe Flash Collaboration Service) is a new hosted service accessible on the free, ubiquitous Adobe Flash Player runtime that provides developers and enterprises with a scalable solution to easily build real-time, multi-user collaboration into existing or new RIAs.
- A new LiveCycle ES2 plug-in for Adobe Flash Builder 4 beta lets developers easily embed LiveCycle ES2 technologies into any Flex based application.
- Adobe enterprise customers will have the option to deploy LiveCycle ES2 in the cloud, hosted in the Amazon Web Services cloud computing environment. LiveCycle ES2 in the cloud provides organizations with a faster deployment path and lower total cost of ownership. It also allows developers to stage multiple applications before going live in production.
Integrated Design and Development Expedites Time to Value
Tight integration of Adobe tools and solutions helps connect enterprise designers and developers to produce advanced sets of technologies for automating enterprise business processes.
- Adobe LiveCycle ES2 Solution Accelerators help organizations launch project planning and prototyping, and decrease development time. LiveCycle ES2 Solution Accelerators now include: human capital management, eSubmissions, correspondence management, new account enrollment and services and benefits delivery.
- Adobe LiveCycle Workbench ES2 is an integrated development environment (IDE) that allows developers, designers, and business analysts to work together collaboratively.
Improved Document Services for Customer Communication and Retention
LiveCycle ES2 integrates with Adobe® PDF technologies for easy accessibility using Adobe Reader, Flash Player software or Web browsers. This release offers enhancements to LiveCycle common services software for advanced functionality:
- Forms Automation: LiveCycle Forms ES2 streamlines format-driven business processes and improves data accuracy and LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES2 seamlessly activates functionality within Adobe Reader, extending document and form-based operations outside an organization. New features allow users to generate RIA interfaces that leverage shared data models.
- Rich Documents: Users can now automatically create PDF portfolios, and can insert Flash content in PDFs as part of automated PDF document workflows.
- Document and Information Security: LiveCycle can now apply rights management on the server to Microsoft Office documents for fully automated secure document workflows.
Enhanced Process Management
- Adobe LiveCycle® Process Management ES2 enables business users to manage ad-hoc content reviews without involving IT. Using an intuitive interface, users can publish content, create a list of reviewers and define approval stages, deadlines and escalation guidelines. The content can then be automatically converted into PDF, enabled for inline commenting, rights protection and distribution. Users can monitor and modify the process at any time.
- With Process Management ES’ new model-driven development capabilities, business analysts can now develop fully functional and intuitive RIA guides for capturing data. They may also use an RIA wizard to generate rich guides with no coding, making it simple to design process flows, and working and intuitive user interfaces.
"RIAs in the Cloud" Theme at Cloud Computing Expo 2010 East to Attract 5,000 Delegates in New York City
SYS-CON Events announced today that the 5th International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo will take place April 19-20-21, 2010, at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City.
The International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo series is the world's leading Cloud-focused event and is held three times a year, in New York, Silicon Valley and in Europe. Over 200 corporate sponsors and 10,000 industry professionals have participated in Cloud Computing Expo since its inception, more than all other Cloud-related events put together.
The three-day event will offer a rich array of sessions led by exceptional speakers about the business and technical value of cloud computing with more than 80 sponsors and exhibitors on the 70,000 sq. ft. show floor and over 5,000 estimated delegates from well over 48 different countries.
4th International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo
At the 4th International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo, November 2-4, 2009, being held in the Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA, more than 2,000 delegates will find out how cloud computing is transforming the way that enterprises everywhere build and deploy applications.
Now held three times a year -- in New York, Prague, and Santa Clara -- the Cloud Computing Conference & Expo series is the fastest-growing Enterprise IT event in the past 10 years, devoted to every aspect of delivering massively scalable enterprise IT as a service. The event is co-located with our 7th International Virtualization Conference & Expo.
4th International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo Keynotes
Cloud Computing Expo 2009 West keynotes, November 2-3, 2009, in the Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA, will be delivered by Richard Marcello, Unisys President of Systems & Technology; Shelton Shugar, Yahoo! SVP Cloud Computing; and Richard Sarwal, Oracle VP of Development for Enterprise Manager.
Delegate Registration Options
Cloud Computing Expo (www.CloudComputingExpo.com) delegates can pre-register for the conference online with $800 savings here: https://www3.sys-con.com/cloud1109/registernew.cfm
Sponsors and Exhibitors of the 4th Cloud Computing Expo
Sponsors and exhibitors of the upcoming 4th International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo (November 2-4, 2009, Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA) represent the leading technology providers of the Cloud Computing revolution, including:
Oracle (www.oracle.com / platinum sponsor)
Unisys (www.unisys.com / platinum sponsor)
Yahoo! (www.yahoo.com / platinum sponsor)
Adaptivity (www.adaptivity.com / gold sponsor)
Bycast (www.bycast.com / gold sponsor)
EMC (www.emc.com / gold sponsor)
Intel (www.intel.com / gold sponsor)
3Tera (www.3tera.com / silver sponsor)
Akamai (www.akamai.com / silver sponsor)
AppZero (www.appzero.com / silver sponsor)
Rackspace Cloud (www.rackspacecloud.com / silver sponsor)
CloudTest SOASTA (www.soasta.com / silver sponsor)
Objectivity (www.objectivity.com / silver sponsor)
Rhomobile (www.rhomobile.com / silver sponsor)
Stoneware (www.stone-ware.com / silver sponsor)
Sybase (www.sybase.com / silver sponsor)
CSS Corp (www.csscorp.com / bronze sponsor)
ExactTarget (www.exacttarget.com / bronze sponsor)
New Relic (www.newrelic.com / bronze sponsor)
ParaScale (www.parascale.com / bronze sponsor)
PerspecSys (www.perspecsys.com / bronze sponsor)
The Planet (www.theplanet.com / bronze sponsor)
RightScale (www.rightscale.com / bronze sponsor)
Switch and Data (www.switchanddata.com / bronze sponsor)
Vizioncore (www.vizioncore.com / bronze sponsor)
CloudSwitch (www.cloudswitch.com / bronze sponsor)
Tranxition (www.tranxition.com / bronze sponsor)
Altor Networks (www.altornetworks.com / exhibitor)
Dasher Technologies (www.dashertechnologies.com / exhibitor)
GoGrid (www.gogrid.com / exhibitor)
HP (www.hp.com / exhibitor)
Hubspan (www.hubspan.com / exhibitor)
IBM (www.ibm.com / exhibitor)
LSI (www.lsi.com / exhibitor)
M/Gateway (www.mgateway.com/ewd.htm / exhibitor)
NeoAccel (www.neoaccel.com / exhibitor)
Neustar (www.neustar.biz / exhibitor)
OpSource (www.opsource.net / exhibitor)
Ulitzer (www.ulitzer.com / new media sponsor)
Cloud Computing Journal (www.CloudComputingJournal.com)
SYS-CON.TV (www.sys-con.tv / media sponsor)
Zetta (www.zetta.net / exhibitor)
Sponsorship and Exhibit opportunities can be obtained from Carmen Gonzalez by email at events (at) sys-con.com, by phone 201 802 3021.
SYS-CON's International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo, held each year in California, New York and Prague is the leading event covering the fast-emerging Cloud Computing market for Enterprise IT professionals. Co-located with the International Virtualization Conference & Expo, the combined event delivers the #1 i-technology educational and networking opportunity of the year for those seeking to establish a market lead anywhere in the multiple layers of the Cloud Computing ecosystem.
About SYS-CON Media & Events
SYS-CON Media (www.sys-con.com) has since 1994 been connecting technology companies and customers 24x7x365 through a comprehensive content stream at www.SYS-CON.com -- focused on 35 main subject areas, from Cloud Computing to Web Security -- interwoven with market leading full-scale conferences produced by SYS-CON Events. The company's internationally recognized brands include among others Cloud Computing Expo (www.CloudComputingExpo.com), Virtualization Conference & Expo (www.VirtualizationConference.com), Government IT Conference & Expo (www.GovITExpo.com), Cloud Computing Bootcamp (www.CloudComputingBootcamp.com), Cloud Expo Europe (www.CloudExpo-Europe.com) and now UlitzerLive! New Media Conference & Expo (www.UlitzerLive.com).
SOURCE: Ulitzer, Inc.
Delegate & Attendee Inquiries
Corinna (at) sys-con.com
201 802 3019
Conference Faculty Inquiries
Jeremy (at) sys-con.com
201 802 3026
Sponsorship and Exhibit Opportunities
Carmen (at) sys-con.com
201 802 2021
Expo Floor Sales
Megan (at) sys-con.com
201 802 3020
Website and General Inquiries
Krisandra (at) sys-con.com
201 802 3020