From the Blogosphere
Correcting the Map Marker for a Local Business Listing on Google Maps
Google Allows for Community Edits to Modify the Map Marker
By: Melih Oztalay
Jun. 9, 2010 09:00 PM
1. After you search for an address or business, click the map marker and you will see the info window appear.
2. If the marker is in the wrong location, in the info window, click on “more” and then click on “move marker”
3. Now you can drag the marker to the correct location. You can use the “X: to help you place the marker. Proper protocol is to place the map marker at the entrance of the location.
4. Click Save.
1. You will need to be logged into Google with a Google account
2. Google will need to review a change if the marker is moved more than 200 meters.
3. A marker cannot be moved if the local business listing has already been verified and verified listings can only be edited by the account owner of that local business listing.
If all else fails if you have problems with Google maps, click on the “Report A Problem” link and report the issue to Google.
The Internet has become a good marketing source for the local business dependent upon the local consumer for their revenue through web searches and mobile searches. Tap into the power of geo-listings as you engage in geo-marketing!
Local Business Listing Management Services are provided by SmartFinds Internet Marketing. You will find SmartFinds Internet Marketing to be of great benefit to your time resources and the low cost service may eliminate your yellow page ad costs. Let the experts of over 15 years Internet marketing experience help you use this local business marketing tool properly.
Latest Cloud Developer Stories
Subscribe to the World's Most Powerful Newsletters
Subscribe to Our Rss Feeds & Get Your SYS-CON News Live!
SYS-CON Featured Whitepapers
Most Read This Week