From the Wires
Turkey's Isbank Uses the Network to Connect 25,000 Employees and to Change the Way It Serves Customers
Isbank Relies on the Cisco Intelligent Network to Enable Voice and Video Collaboration for Enhanced Communication and Efficiency
Nov. 6, 2012 05:00 AM
ISTANBUL, TURKEY -- (Marketwire) -- 11/06/12 -- Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) announced that Turkiye Is Bankasi (Isbank), the largest bank of Turkey, has deployed a Cisco® Borderless Networks and Collaboration infrastructure to enhance business agility, speed up product and service development, and better serve its customers. The new, highly secure intelligent network serves Isbank as the platform for data, voice and video communication and connects nearly 25,000 employees and more than 1,200 branches in Turkey and Europe.
Key to Isbank's strategy is the availability of the same IT capabilities, functionalities and customer-facing applications across its entire branch network, in order to provide the same customer experience, independent of the size or location of individual branches.
Key Facts / Highlights
- Isbank's network transformation included a complete renewal of its local area networks (LANs), and wide area network (WAN) with Cisco switching and routing solutions. In addition, Isbank uses the new Cisco intelligent network as the platform for implementing a broad range of collaboration solutions.
- Cisco collaboration solutions are key to helping Isbank fulfill a variety of key objectives: improving business processes, enhancing customer experience across the entire branch network, providing multichannel customer relationship management, and simplifying how employees collaborate over any device and from any location. Employees at their desk or on the go can now use high definition video and share their desktops during virtual meetings via Cisco WebEx® meetings, access presence information to see if their colleagues are available, instant message, conduct voice calls from their PC or mobile device and benefit from what's called 'single number reach,' which enables them to utilize one number for their office and mobile devices.
- Cisco TelePresence® endpoints are used at Isbank headquarters and nine regional offices for high-definition video conferencing. This not only results in less travel, but also helps the bank conduct more efficient meetings, speed up decision making and improve communication and collaboration across teams.
- From an IT management and productivity perspective, the central management of the entire infrastructure, including voice communication, results in significant savings of human capital and cost. Instead of 1,200 separate PBX systems, telephony is integrated on the IP-based network and is supported by one central team.
- Isbank deployed a highly secure communication network between branch offices and more than 4,600 ATMs to help optimize head office bandwidth utilization. The Cisco Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN), a Cisco software solution, helps Isbank to allow diverse locations to communicate directly with each other over the public WAN or Internet, without the need for a permanent VPN connection between the sites.
- The project was designed and implemented by IBM Turkey, a Cisco Gold Certified Partner, in cooperation with Cisco Advanced Services.
- The use of innovative technologies at Isbank was recognized with the Cisco Innovation Award for the Most Innovative Collaboration and Video Project of the Year at Cisco Live! 2012 in London. Cisco Innovation Awards recognize advanced technology initiatives that clearly demonstrate the benefits of a well-managed deployment, deliver significant improvements, and introduce innovative new services through the effective use of technology.
- Emrah Gökçe Aygün, IT Infrastructure Manager, Turkiye Is Bankasi
"The techology solution which is implemented at Isbank is a key enabler for innovative business applications. With the new intelligent network in place, we now have the flexibility to expand any solution to any Isbank branch. At Isbank, we are looking at our network as the platform for future solutions, such as branch of the future with remote experts, as well as virtualization and cloud services. Every solution can now be tied to another, which will change the way Isbank interacts with its customers."
- Umit Cinali, general manager, Cisco Turkey
"As a leading global technology solutions provider, Cisco is proud to work with Isbank, an industry-leading organization. It is our privilege to recognize Isbank as a Cisco Innovation Award winner for its outstanding achievements in the successful deployment and utilization of innovative technologies."
Tags, Keywords: Isbank, Cisco, Turkey, Collaboration, Unified Communications, Video
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
About Turkiye Is Bankasi
Founded 88 years ago by Atatürk, the founder of the Turkish Republic, Türkiye Is Bankasi (Isbank) today is the largest bank of the country in terms of total assets and total loans. At the end of 2011, Isbank's consolidated shareholders' equity stands at TRY 20.3 billion, total assets stand at TRY 183.9 billion and total loans at TRY 99.0 billion. İşbank has the largest network among Turkish private banks with its more than 1.200 domestic and foreign branches and more than 4.600 ATMs that make up the largest ATM network in Turkey, internet banking, telephone banking and call center İsbank.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in Europe is provided by Cisco Systems International B.V. and Cisco International Limited, wholly owned subsidiaries of Cisco Systems, Inc.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine