From the Wires
Smart Home Labs Unveils Bluetooth Smart Wireless Intelligent LED Light Bulb
By: Business Wire
Dec. 21, 2012 06:51 PM
Smart Home Labs introduces the RoboSmart wireless LED lighting system that enables smart lighting control via your smartphone, tablet or computer over Bluetooth Smart wireless. The wireless LED light bulb is available for pre-orders on the world’s largest open-funding platform IndieGoGo.
RoboSmart Light BulbTM is an energy efficient Bluetooth Smart enabled LED light bulb, which can be simply controlled from any Bluetooth Smart enabled Mobile device, with customizable apps for both iOS and Android.
The unique combination of energy efficient LED design and Bluetooth communications allows anyone the freedom to fully customize control of their home lighting, not previously possible with standard LED bulbs.
Harnessing the company’s RoboSmartTM technology allows for total control over the brightness, timer functionality and proximity modes. The key to this unique control is the marriage of smart electronics within the LED light bulb.
Every RoboSmart Light Bulb utilizes Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth 4.0) as the wireless connection to the on board processor, real time clocks and memory.
Installing the RoboSmart Light Bulb is as easy as screwing in a light bulb and installing the Smart Lights App on your smartphone.
The control of the RoboSmart Light Bulb can be as easy as programming a timer and letting the processor do the rest (leave it and forget it) for fully automatic time based on and off times, scene lighting and proximity detection.
Each mode lends the RoboSmart Light Bulb to multiple locations within your home. Control options can be enabled, such as having your lights slowly turn off after departing the garage, to unique proximity lighting where the Smart Lights App can tell when you’re near-by and turn on and off one or more RoboSmart Light Bulb as you move within range, a typical scenario for your porch or driveway light. Users can utilize their standard light switches to turn on the RoboSmart Light Bulb with a pre-set brightness settings. The RoboSmart Light Bulb can also be controlled from multiple Bluetooth enabled smartphones, providing custom features to each user.
The highly energy efficient Robolight easily pays for itself many times over in energy savings, looks just like a traditional incandescent bulb, provides high power LED illumination, along with the flexibility of wireless home automation from your smart phone.
Additional features and capabilities include:
- Each RoboSmart Light Bulb can be assigned a unique light, group and room name by the free Smart Lights App for easy identification.
- Warm white light 2700K or 3000K at 480 and 800 Lumens Fully dimmable attractive design with omni-direction light dispersion.
- Full Automation: RoboSmart Light Bulb has 100 levels of brightness, can turn on or off, or run programs at set dates and times based on your scheduling preferences.
- Proximity and Indoor Location - RoboSmart Light Bulb can tell when you arrive and when you leave. They can follow you around the house, automatically turning on and off as they sense you approach or depart.
- Lighting for information at a glance - RoboSmart Light Bulb can alert you to important information, such as important emails or social media messages.
- The Smart Lights App allows multiple RoboSmart Light Bulb to be grouped together for simultaneous control, allowing the production of any light scene combination.
Power Monitoring – RoboSmart Light Bulb reports power consumption for periodic reporting
Federal legislation is mandating a phasing out incandescent bulbs by 2014, both business and consumers will require an equivalent replacement bulb. Smart Home Labs is proud to offer our retail and business customers the best intelligent LED light bulb on the market.
About Smart Home Labs:
Smart Home Labs is dedicated to innovative design and technologies that create cost-effective, long-lasting, energy-efficient LED lighting solutions for consumers and businesses. The company is privately held (incorporated as Smart Home Labs) and headquartered in Los Gatos, California. For the latest information about RoboSmart Light Bulb and Smart Light products,
Please visit us at www.smarthome-labs.com
Follow us on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/SmartHome_Labs
Like us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/smarthomelabs
Bluetooth Smart is a registered trademark of the Bluetooth SIG
Latest Cloud Developer Stories
Subscribe to the World's Most Powerful Newsletters
Subscribe to Our Rss Feeds & Get Your SYS-CON News Live!
SYS-CON Featured Whitepapers
Most Read This Week
Breaking Cloud Computing News