From the Wires
Asian Festival of Children's Content 2013
Premier Event Starring Asian Content for the World's Children Taking Off With The National Library Singapore
Jan. 29, 2013 01:06 AM
SINGAPORE -- (Marketwire) -- 01/29/13 -- The National Book Development Council of Singapore, partnering with The National Library of Singapore for the first time, presents the ASIAN FESTIVAL OF CHILDREN'S CONTENT 2013 from May 25 to 30.
The Asian Festival of Children's Content (AFCC) is back this year with six days of packed programmes highlighting emerging trends, challenges and effective methodologies for those interested in Asian Content for Children. With some of the world's top experts and most successful talents in the field invited to share their insights at the following events, delegates can expect to encounter opportunities that can bring their work to the next level and enhance their long-term success.
The interest in Asian content for children is reflected in the size of AFCC Media Mart, which will be the biggest in AFCC history. A larger venue at The National Library of Singapore had to be booked to accommodate the additional booths for vendors.
R Ramachandran, Executive Director of the National Book Development Council of Singapore said, "This year, AFCC not only introduces new initiatives but also expands on existing ones, addressing both the demands of industry players as well as professionals who continue to display a keen interest in Asian Content for children. These events help us further our mission of being a platform for the creation, production, publication and distribution of children's materials with Asian content to children worldwide."
An inaugural programme for the 2013 festival will be the AFCC Seminars, which will focus on Young Adult literature, translation and blogging this year. Product launches are also being introduced.
The following Programmes will comprise AFCC 2013:
- 25 May - AFCC Preschool & Primary Teachers Congress
- 26 May - AFCC Parents Forum
- 27 May - AFCC Seminars
- 28 & 29 May - AFCC Writers & Illustrators Conference
- 29 May - AFCC Media Summit
- 30 May - AFCC Masterclasses
- AFCC Preschool & Primary Teachers Congress: The AFCC Teachers Congress aims to provide teachers and educators with the skills and knowledge to impart early learning and bilingualism through the use of good books as a child transitions from early childhood to primary school.
- AFCC Parents Forum: The AFCC Parents Forum offers parents, teachers, and other related professionals the opportunity to get support, information, and advice on nurturing early learning and bilingualism at home. Children accompanying their parents can enjoy a separate children's programme.
- AFCC Seminars: For writers, illustrators, bloggers, and industry professionals, AFCC Seminars offer specialised sessions that zero in on specific aspects of the literary community. This year's Seminars will cover Young Adult literature, translation for children's books, and blogging.
- AFCC Writers & Illustrators Conference: Over the course of the two-day AFCC Writers and Illustrators Conference, writers and illustrators come together with publishers, editors, literary agents, and other industry professionals in celebration of children's content from Asia and around the world.
- AFCC Media Summit: The AFCC Media Summit gathers creators and professionals from around the world for a one-day conference to discuss Asian children's media content, a forum for sharing ideas and knowledge, skills training and development, and networking. The theme of this year's AFCC Media Summit is One Big Story, and its goal is maximising content through transmedia storytelling.
- AFCC Media Mart & Rights Fair: The AFCC Media Mart is a marketplace for the content industry to network, trade, and exchange information with the South-East Asian market, distributing quality content to children in Asia and around the world. The Rights Fair focuses on books for children, allowing publishers and agents create synergies with other Asia-Pacific publishers, get in touch with regional writers, and explore the variety of content for children from the region.
101 speakers and experts from around the world will engage, educate and empower the participants at AFCC.
Asian Festival of Children's Content
National Library Board of Singapore
National Book Development Council of Singapore
About Asian Festival of Children's Content:
The Asian Festival of Children's Content (AFCC) brings together content creators and producers with parents, teachers, librarians, and anyone interested in quality Asian content for children. With a mix of professional conferences, masterclasses and workshops, a rights fair and media mart, as well as public events, AFCC is a unique and popular event right here in Asia that provides an opportunity for writers, illustrators, editors, publishers, agents, distributors, parents, children, teachers, and librarians to meet, learn, develop their craft, and discover business opportunities.
For more information, please visit www.afcc.com.sg.