From the Wires
Oracle Ships Over 3 Exabytes of Media for StorageTek T10000C Tape Drives
Strong Demand and Industry Recognition Highlights Oracle's Leadership in Tape Storage
Jan. 31, 2013 08:01 AM
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Demonstrating leadership and significant growth in tape storage, Oracle today announced it has shipped over 3 exabytes(1) of media for its StorageTek T10000C Tape Drives, tripling the capacity shipped announced one year ago.
- Continuing its rapid adoption with its best quarterly sales to date and double-digit revenue growth, StorageTek T10000C Tape Drives continue to set the bar with the world's highest capacity and performance.
- Oracle's StorageTek Tape Analytics and the StorageTek SL-series of tape libraries, including the SL8500, SL3000, and the SL150 are also experiencing very strong demand, delivering double-digit revenue growth in Q2FY13.
- Oracle continues to innovate and expand its tape portfolio introducing three new products in the last nine months: Oracle's StorageTek SL150 Modular Tape Library, Oracle's StorageTek Virtual Storage Manager 6 and Oracle's StorageTek LTO 6 Tape Drives.
- The StorageTek SL150 Modular Tape Library recently won Best Business Storage Product at the V3 Technology Awards and was named a finalist in Storage Magazine/Search Storage's 2012 Products of the Year Awards for Backup Hardware.
- Oracle was also recognized by Storage Visions as Visionary Media and Entertainment Storage Company for advances in archiving and preservation.
- Oracle's tape storage portfolio delivers scalable, cost-effective, energy-efficient storage for customers who need to archive, consolidate and protect growing amounts of data.
- Oracle's StorageTek product line is engineered and supported with Oracle Solaris, Oracle Linux, Oracle VM, Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g, Oracle Applications and Oracle's Sun servers, as well as leading third-party mainframe and open systems products.
- "Strong growth for Oracle's StorageTek T10000C Tape Drives and across the portfolio shows data protection and long term archive continue to be priority initiatives for customers," said James Cates, vice president, Hardware Development, Oracle. "With increasing demand and recent industry recognition, it's clear that Oracle's innovation in tape delivers the combination of storage efficiency, performance and risk reduction customers need."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Assumes typical tape compression of 2:1.