From the Wires
MuleSoft Increases Bookings 171% in 2012 by Connecting the New Enterprise
Most Successful Year in Company History Marked by Product Innovations and Customer Wins
Feb. 5, 2013 10:00 AM
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- MuleSoft, provider of the world's most widely used integration platform, today announced it achieved record growth in 2012, with increased bookings of 171 percent year-over-year, affirming the company's leadership position in the integration market. Executing on its vision for connecting the New Enterprise, MuleSoft delivers the next generation integration platform by connecting and automating business processes across applications, APIs, and data sources, on-premise and in the cloud. MuleSoft's trusted integration platform enables enterprises and developers to take advantage of the explosion of applications and data by empowering them to generate a new wave of business opportunity through the on-demand connectivity of those endpoints.
"Our research shows that half of all organizations use some type of SaaS to lower costs and improve efficiencies. But the point-to-point data loading tools used to migrate data from on-premise systems threaten these gains; they don't scale and can't address cross-functional multi-system integration," said Carl Lehmann, Research Manager, 451 Research. "Technologies such as those offered by MuleSoft enable businesses to craft a hybrid cloud integration architecture that can consistently reconcile cloud computing with on-premises IT systems and manage them within the context of an enterprise's business strategy, processes and operations."
In 2012, MuleSoft drove customer success by addressing integration challenges spanning the continuum of on-premise and the cloud, merging the power of Mule ESB together with the CloudHub integration platform as a service (iPaaS). Key milestones include:
Financial Highlights and Customer Wins
- Achieved record growth in 2012, increasing bookings 171 percent year-over-year, affirming the company's leadership position in the integration market
- Achieved 186 percent subscription renewals, including add-on subscriptions from existing customers, driven by industry-leading customer satisfaction rates
- Added hundreds of new customers worldwide, including Nissan, Echostar, Experian Healthcare, MovieTickets.com, BT, Franklin Mint, Luxottica, Savvis (a CenturyLink Company), Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Group, BBVA Banco Francés, Telstra, New Zealand Lotteries and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), along with many other leading enterprises across industries
- Unveiled CloudHub SaaS Edition, establishing MuleSoft as the cloud integration partner of choice for SaaS vendors and systems integrators (SIs), while simultaneously launching the fastest growing customer segment for MuleSoft
- Announced general availability of Mule ESB 3.3 and introduced Mule Studio DataMapper, bringing together MuleSoft's leading application integration technology with powerful new data integration capabilities
- Launched Dataloader.io, the world's first "no software" cloud-based data loader for Salesforce, which became the most popular app on Salesforce AppExchange within the first month of release, and has executed over 43,000 data loading jobs and processed over 255 million records for over 8,400 Salesforce customers
- Introduced APIhub, the most comprehensive public repository and richest community for APIs, which allows developers and enterprises to discover and use over 13,000 APIs, and enables application developers and SaaS providers to publish and document APIs on an open, collaborative platform
Continued Momentum and Strength in Community and Partner Ecosystem
- More than doubled monthly downloads of the open source Mule project, with the MuleSoft community now exceeding 150,000 developers
- Reached over 10,400 integration apps deployed on CloudHub, MuleSoft's award-winning integration platform as a service (iPaaS)
- Aggressively expanded its cloud ecosystem, including cooperation with leading SaaS providers and systems integrators (SIs) such as SAP AG, Alfresco, Zendesk, ServiceSource, Zia Consulting and Go2Group
- Expanded the MuleSoft connector library to include a number of market-leading SaaS and enterprise applications, with instant API connectivity to Intacct, Magento, MongoDB, MS Dynamics CRM, MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, Twilio and Workday
Global Expansion and Industry Accolades
- Expanded international operations, with significant sales growth in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, along with continued momentum in emerging market territories, including Africa and the Middle East
- Broadened the Mule Summit event series, visiting over a thousand MuleSoft customers in 17 cities across North America, Europe, and Australia
- Solidified leadership with significant award wins, including: 2012 Cloud Award, AlwaysOn OnDemand 100, San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal Best Places to Work, SD Times 100, American Business Awards for Customer Service, 2012 Tech Awards Circle, AlwaysOn Global 250, Golden Bridge Award Finalist, Annual American Business Awards, Stevie® Awards: Tech Innovation of the Year, Company of the Year - Computer Software, and Best New Product or Service - Cloud Platform
"With the growing adoption of SaaS, mobile, Big Data and open APIs, there has been a massive explosion of endpoints and a resulting fragmentation of the enterprise. Companies can no longer compete on building applications and managing IT within their four walls, but rather need to embrace the fragmentation and compete on connecting and orchestrating their information assets wherever they are. We call this the New Enterprise," said Greg Schott, president and CEO of MuleSoft. "By allowing organizations to harness the power of their applications through integration, we have emerged as the de facto standard in providing the platform for connecting the New Enterprise."
MuleSoft provides the most widely used integration platform for connecting SaaS and enterprise applications in the cloud and on-premise. With the rise of cloud and mobile, enterprises face a choice: get overwhelmed by the resulting explosion of end points or seize the opportunity to gain competitive advantage. Founded on the idea that connecting applications should not be hard, MuleSoft lets organizations harness the power of their applications through integration. MuleSoft's Anypoint technology eliminates costly, time-intensive point-to-point integration, enabling business agility. Delivered as a packaged integration experience, CloudHub and Mule ESB are built on proven open source technology for the fastest, most reliable integration without vendor lock-in. Supporting billions of transactions per day, MuleSoft is used in production by thousands of enterprises, including Walmart, MasterCard, Nokia, Nestlé and Honeywell, and powers integrations with leading SaaS vendors such as Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Workday, Intuit and Zuora.
For more information: www.MuleSoft.com
Follow us on Twitter: @MuleSoft
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine