From the Wires
Juniper Networks Advances LTE Security Deployments for Mobile Network Operators
New SRX Series Line Cards Deliver Industry Leading Carrier-Grade Reliability, Always-On Security, and Investment Protection for IP-Based Networks
Feb. 21, 2013 12:00 AM
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/21/13 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today unveiled new security line cards for its market leading SRX5600 and 5800 Series Services Gateways that significantly improve performance and reliability for LTE mobile network operators. The new Juniper Networks® SRX Series line cards are the industry's only high-end security solutions that can provide mobile operators with zero downtime performance upgrades and scale to accommodate the exponential growth of network throughput.
As mobile operators shift to all IP-based networks, their infrastructures become increasingly exposed to advanced threats designed to steal information or impact service availability. Concurrently, the demand for online video and other services accessed through mobile devices will increase the amount of data traversing these networks 12 fold by 2018, according to the latest mobility report from Ericsson. These industry trends require mobile operators to deploy high-performance security solutions with carrier-grade reliability and scalability so they can confidently provide access to sensitive information traditionally not available on mobile devices.
- Always-on, carrier-grade reliability - The SRX Series line cards are the only high-end security solution to deliver zero downtime performance upgrades through both in-service software and hardware upgrades, enabling service providers to provide uninterrupted service. Redundant components ensure carrier-class service levels are maintained.
- Simplicity and scalability at the speed of LTE - The SRX Series collapses the security gateway, firewall, switching, and routing layers onto a single platform, reducing operating expense and network complexity. The new line cards support up to 100 million concurrent sessions and up to 200 Gbps of firewall throughput with a single SRX Series Services Gateway.
- Investment protection - New Juniper Networks SRX Series line cards are compatible with current cards and chasses. Existing Juniper customers can use the same SRX5000 Series chassis to extend current investments while scaling to meet customer demands.
- Mobile-specific filters - The SRX Series was developed to be natively aware of mobile-specific protocols such as GTP and LTE-SCTP, resulting in firewall awareness that blocks the proliferation of attacks which leverage or embed such protocols.
Industry Analyst Quote:
"Juniper Networks is a proven leader in delivering high-performance firewalls to service providers and large enterprise markets. Infonetics Research has ranked Juniper as the global leader in high-end firewalls since the beginning of 2009. The new SRX5600 and SRX5800 line cards deliver mobile operators the carrier-grade capabilities and performance scalability needed to secure LTE deployments."
- Jeff Wilson, principal analyst, Infonetics Research
"Security is a critical ingredient in Nokia Siemens Networks' mobile portfolio as LTE networks expand. LTE requires a massive bandwidth increase and additional security requirements, so we need to be able to offer customers an effective solution that could scale on-demand and deliver carrier-grade reliability to ensure always-on service for many millions of subscribers. The Nokia Siemens Networks' market leadership in mobile security, combined with the inherent OpEx benefits and scalability realized with the SRX5800, will help us to offer an efficient and state of the art Security solution to our customers as they roll out their LTE services."
-Dror Nemirovsky, head of Packet Networks, Nokia Siemens Networks
Juniper Networks Quote:
"The massive influx of traffic that service providers face as they migrate to all IP-based LTE networks requires security technologies that provide strong protection without adversely impacting performance. Juniper's new SRX 5000 series line cards offer unprecedented scale for firewall, VPN and other security services, zero downtime for hardware and software upgrades and the ability for our existing customers to protect their current investment."
-Nawaf Bitar, senior vice president, Security Business Unit, Juniper Networks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logo are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine