Industry News Desk
SOA Software Announces OAuth Solution for the Enterprise
Enterprise authentication and authorization product simplifies secure sharing of private data with cloud applications
Feb. 25, 2013 07:30 AM
“By bringing OAuth to enterprise identity and access management systems, we are revolutionizing the way that businesses secure the integration of enterprise, partner and external applications,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO at SOA Software, SOA Software, as his company today announced SOA Software OAuth Server, described by Farquharson as "the industry’s first comprehensive OAuth solution for the enterprise."
“Enterprises can use the SOA Software OAuth Server to allow their users to approve mobile, web, and desktop applications to act on their behalf and securely share private data, without the need for legally complex, risky and heavyweight mechanisms,” he added.
SOA Software OAuth Server, Farquharson explained, "extends existing enterprise identity and access management systems, allowing users to use their enterprise credentials to login and control access to their data from partner and cloud applications."
Alistair Farquharson giving a General Session at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley, Nov 2012
SOA Software’s OAuth Server is an enterprise authentication and authorization product. It provides a comprehensive security token server that integrates with enterprise identity and access management systems providing the latest web and API security standards including OpenId and OAuth. With the OAuth Server, businesses can publish and interact with secure data, provide a way for users to share private data between different applications, and allow users to approve applications to act on their behalf without sharing passwords.
The OAuth Server offers:
- Enterprise to cloud single-sign-on – customers, employees and partners can use their existing enterprise managed user information for single-sign-on with cloud applications
- Centrally managed access control – users can centrally manage the applications they choose to share their private data with
- Secure Mobile Identity – a way for mobile device users to securely access enterprise and cloud applications without having to share their passwords
SOA Software’s OAuth Server is the first product to offer comprehensive, standards-based authentication and authorization capabilities to the enterprise. The product offers:
- Integration with most common enterprise identity systems including LDAP, Active Directory, CA SiteMinder, Oracle Access Manager, IBM TAM, RSA ClearTrust and more
- Comprehensive support for the OpenID, OAuth 1.0a and OAuth 2.0 specifications along with a wide array of other authentication and authorization specifications
- A fully brandable user experience allowing users to confidently make and manage their authorization decisions
- Built-in grant management so that users can control their own permissions
- Support for multiple providers each with its own set of resource and grant definitions, allowing the enterprise to offer a range of different OAuth services for different applications and purposes
- Guaranteed interoperability with most common systems, based on extensive lab and field interoperability testing
Pricing and Availability
SOA Software OAuth Server is available now as on-premise software and as part of SOA DSoftware's Enterprise API Platform-as-a-Service solution. The OAuth Server starts at $50k.