Comments
yourfanat wrote: I am using another tool for Oracle developers - dbForge Studio for Oracle. This IDE has lots of usefull features, among them: oracle designer, code competion and formatter, query builder, debugger, profiler, erxport/import, reports and many others. The latest version supports Oracle 12C. More information here.
Cloud Expo on Google News
SYS-CON.TV
Cloud Expo & Virtualization 2009 East
PLATINUM SPONSORS:
IBM
Smarter Business Solutions Through Dynamic Infrastructure
IBM
Smarter Insights: How the CIO Becomes a Hero Again
Microsoft
Windows Azure
GOLD SPONSORS:
Appsense
Why VDI?
CA
Maximizing the Business Value of Virtualization in Enterprise and Cloud Computing Environments
ExactTarget
Messaging in the Cloud - Email, SMS and Voice
Freedom OSS
Stairway to the Cloud
Sun
Sun's Incubation Platform: Helping Startups Serve the Enterprise
POWER PANELS:
Cloud Computing & Enterprise IT: Cost & Operational Benefits
How and Why is a Flexible IT Infrastructure the Key To the Future?
Click For 2008 West
Event Webcasts
Wal-Mart To Sell $399 Ubuntu Linux-based Laptop with Google Operating System
It includes Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google News, Google Maps, YouTube, Firefox, Skype, Facebook and OpenOffice 2.3

Everex, whose $199 gOS-based gPC desktop sold out at Wal-Mart in record time late last year, has now introduced a gOS-based 2lb ultra-mobile laptop that it plans to sell at Wal-Mart for $399 starting January 25.

Dubbed the CloudBook, the thing uses a 1.2GHz VIA C7 processor and promises an average five-hours operation off a lithium-ion battery. It's equipped with a 7-inch TFT display (800 x 480 native resolution), 30GB internal storage, 512MB memory, digital video output, a 4-in-1 card reader and a 1.3MP webcam.

The Ubuntu Linux-based gOS operating system from Good OS LLC (www.thinkgos.com) includes so many Google applications like Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google News Google Maps and YouTube that it's often referred to as the Google operating system. It also includes Firefox, Skype, Facebook and OpenOffice 2.3.

About Salvatore Genovese
Salvatore Genovese is a Cloud Computing consultant and an i-technology blogger based in Rome, Italy. He occasionally blogs about SOA, start-ups, mergers and acquisitions, open source and bleeding-edge technologies, companies, and personalities. Sal can be reached at hamilton(at)sys-con.com.

In order to post a comment you need to be registered and logged in.

Register | Sign-in

Reader Feedback: Page 1 of 1

For those wondering that's a system76 computer in the picture.

This article demonstrates the mass problem of computer illiteracy in the world.

I'm blacklisting this site.

man, this article is poorly written by someone who doesnt know shit about shit. heres the re-write: walmart sells cheap laptop with ubuntu linux.

Wrong picture.

"It also includes Firefox, Skype, Facebook and OpenOffice 2.3."

Facebook isn't an application. It's a website. A website can't come "included" with a computer. Likewise with YouTube.

What other operating system is nicknamed by a handful of applications being run on it. I have never heard of "the Google Operating System". The Google community is certainly not depending on Linux deployment to make them famous. The Linux community has certainly heard of Ubuntu. Your assersion doesn't float.

The article stated that "gOS operating system from Good OS LLC (www.thinkgos.com) includes so many Google applications like Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google News Google Maps and YouTube that it's often referred to as the Google operating system."

GOS is not google OS. It has no direct connection with Google. Please correct that. It is a linux distribution based on ubuntu. It is made by Good OS LLC.

Microsoft Fracturing the Open-Source Community?
Mark Shuttleswrath, iconic Linux cult leader and famous space cadet claims that:
"Microsoft has succeeded in fracturing the Linux and open-source community with the patent indemnity agreements it has entered into with several prominent vendors ... blah blah blah"
Correction "Mr. Spock", in order to fracture something, dosen't it have to have some type of unity in the first place? You guys are "Open Source", that means that anything goes! The only thing that you guys have in common is that your stuff is cheap, ugly and consistently confusing.
Be glad that we show any interest in any of this stuff, you see when you guys sign "contracts" with us it stops us from suing you into oblivion over the 235 unspecified patent violations in Linux. Convince your little buddies to sign up now, my patience is running out.

The Ubuntu Linux-based gOS operating system from Good OS LLC (www.thinkgos.com) includes so many Google applications like Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google News Google Maps and YouTube that it's often referred to as the Google operating system. It also includes Firefox, Skype, Facebook and OpenOffice 2.3.


Your Feedback
anonymous coward wrote: For those wondering that's a system76 computer in the picture.
Tyson wrote: This article demonstrates the mass problem of computer illiteracy in the world. I'm blacklisting this site.
chris wrote: man, this article is poorly written by someone who doesnt know shit about shit. heres the re-write: walmart sells cheap laptop with ubuntu linux.
Dude wrote: Wrong picture.
ashley wrote: "It also includes Firefox, Skype, Facebook and OpenOffice 2.3." Facebook isn't an application. It's a website. A website can't come "included" with a computer. Likewise with YouTube.
anonymous2 wrote: What other operating system is nicknamed by a handful of applications being run on it. I have never heard of "the Google Operating System". The Google community is certainly not depending on Linux deployment to make them famous. The Linux community has certainly heard of Ubuntu. Your assersion doesn't float.
anonymous wrote: The article stated that "gOS operating system from Good OS LLC (www.thinkgos.com) includes so many Google applications like Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google News Google Maps and YouTube that it's often referred to as the Google operating system."
MK wrote: GOS is not google OS. It has no direct connection with Google. Please correct that. It is a linux distribution based on ubuntu. It is made by Good OS LLC.
steve ballmer wrote: Microsoft Fracturing the Open-Source Community? Mark Shuttleswrath, iconic Linux cult leader and famous space cadet claims that: "Microsoft has succeeded in fracturing the Linux and open-source community with the patent indemnity agreements it has entered into with several prominent vendors ... blah blah blah" Correction "Mr. Spock", in order to fracture something, dosen't it have to have some type of unity in the first place? You guys are "Open Source", that means that anything goes! The only thing that you guys have in common is that your stuff is cheap, ugly and consistently confusing. Be glad that we show any interest in any of this stuff, you see when you guys sign "contracts" with us it stops us from suing you into oblivion over the 235 unspecified patent violations in Linux. Convince your little buddies to sign up now, my patience is running out.
Ubuntu News Desk wrote: The Ubuntu Linux-based gOS operating system from Good OS LLC (www.thinkgos.com) includes so many Google applications like Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google News Google Maps and YouTube that it's often referred to as the Google operating system. It also includes Firefox, Skype, Facebook and OpenOffice 2.3.
Latest Cloud Developer Stories
Nutanix has been named "Platinum Sponsor" of CloudEXPO | DevOpsSUMMIT | DXWorldEXPO New York, which will take place November 12-13, 2018 in New York City. Nutanix makes infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. The...
Concerns about security, downtime and latency, budgets, and general unfamiliarity with cloud technologies continue to create hesitation for many organizations that truly need to be developing a cloud strategy. Hybrid cloud solutions are helping to elevate those concerns by enabli...
Digital transformation is about embracing digital technologies into a company's culture to better connect with its customers, automate processes, create better tools, enter new markets, etc. Such a transformation requires continuous orchestration across teams and an environment b...
Wasabi is the hot cloud storage company delivering low-cost, fast, and reliable cloud storage. Wasabi is 80% cheaper and 6x faster than Amazon S3, with 100% data immutability protection and no data egress fees. Created by Carbonite co-founders and cloud storage pioneers David Fri...
Digital Transformation and Disruption, Amazon Style - What You Can Learn. Chris Kocher is a co-founder of Grey Heron, a management and strategic marketing consulting firm. He has 25+ years in both strategic and hands-on operating experience helping executives and investors build ...
Subscribe to the World's Most Powerful Newsletters
Subscribe to Our Rss Feeds & Get Your SYS-CON News Live!
Click to Add our RSS Feeds to the Service of Your Choice:
Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online
myFeedster Add to My AOL Subscribe in Rojo Add 'Hugg' to Newsburst from CNET News.com Kinja Digest View Additional SYS-CON Feeds
Publish Your Article! Please send it to editorial(at)sys-con.com!

Advertise on this site! Contact advertising(at)sys-con.com! 201 802-3021



SYS-CON Featured Whitepapers
Most Read This Week
ADS BY GOOGLE