Industry News Desk
President & CTO of 3Tera to Speak at SYS-CON's Cloud Computing Expo
Peter Nickolov Will Look at Solutions for Instant Disaster Recovery in the Cloud
Aug. 28, 2008 04:40 AM
Achieving an effective disaster recovery solution has always been difficult and expensive. Often companies backup and/or mirror their data and software only to find that when forced to run them on hardware and network configurations altered by disaster, they don't always work. "Moving applications, data and infrastructure in the cloud can actually make disaster recovery easier and much more affordable," contends Peter Nickolov, President & CTO of 3Tera.
Nickolov will be giving a session on 'Solutions for Instant Disaster Recovery in the Cloud' at SYS-CON's Cloud Computing Expo (November 19-21, 2008) - a pathbreaking adjunct to the 4th International Virtualization Conference & Expo being held at The Fairmont Hotel in San Jose, CA.
His session will present some of the challenges to achieving disaster recovery and how to effectively deal with issues as data replication, connectivity, monitoring and management appliances that can provide disaster recovery to any online application.
Nickolov joins a star-studded lineup of speakers covering the hottest IT topic for years, with Amazon, IBM, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Intel, HP and a host of others all offering, using or developing high-end computing services typically described as “cloud computing” - through which massively scalable IT-related capabilities are provided as a service using Internet technologies.
Forrester Research analyst James Staten calls cloud computing "classic disruptive innovation - where the mainstream dismisses the product and small companies have time to create a real differentiated value." But there are so many offerings just now that what infrastructure architects are looking for above all is a set of organizing principles they can use to guide them in choosing between them all.
Such principles. and a host of associated Cloud topics, will be addressed in San Jose by:
- Dr Werner Vogels - VP & CTO, Amazon.com (Keynote)
- Reuven Cohen - Founder & Chief Technologist, Enomaly
- Mike Eaton - CEO, Cloudworks
- Jonathan Bryce - Founder at Mosso (Rackspace)
- Nati Shalom - CTO, GigaSpaces
- Don MacAskill - CEO & Chief Geek, SmugMug
- Mike Feinberg - Senior Vice President, Cloud Infrastructure Group, EMC
- Billy Marshall - Founder & CEO, rPath
- Dr Thorsten von Eicken - CTO & Founder, RightScale
- Songnian Zhou - Co-Founder & CEO, Platform Computing
- Patrick Harr, CEO - Nirvanix
- David Young - Co-Founder & CEO, Joyent
- Dave Durkee - CEO, ENKI
- John Janakiraman - CTO, Skytap
- Stuart Charlton - Chief Software Architect, Elastra
- Lars Leckie, Principal, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
- Dr Rich Wolski - Professor, U.C. Santa Barbara
- Javier Soltero - Co-Founder & CEO of Hyperic
- Omer Trajman - Director of Field Engineering, Vertica Systems
- Alan Williamson, Founder at Blog-City.com, Creator of BlueDragon
- Rachel Chalmers - Senior Analyst, Enterprise Software, The 451 Group
The sessions are all listed here.